“I was looking for a unique way to prepare broccoli and decided to give this a try! Florets are roasted after being tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and minced garlic. A squeeze of lemon juice before serving seals the deal.”
- 2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli florets with the extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic. Spread the broccoli out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until florets are tender enough to pierce the stems with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and transfer to a serving platter. Squeeze lemon juice liberally over the broccoli before serving for a refreshing, tangy finish.