– 375g block puff pastry, thawed
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 1/2 cup onion marmalade*
– 6 x 1cm-thick slices (about 300g) matured goats’ cheese*
– 3-4 sprigs thyme, to garnish- Rocket salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Roll out pastry to a 30 x 20cm rectangle, then cut a 2cm border from around the edge. Brush edges of the rectangular base with water, slightly crimp the the corners of the cut-out border and then place on top of thegalette to form the sides. Cut off and discard any excess.
3. Sit pastry on the baking sheet and use a sharp knife to lightly score a criss-cross pattern in the border. Prick base with a fork, then brush pastry all over with egg.
4. Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes until slightly puffed. Remove and spread base with the onion marmalade, then lay slices of goats’ cheese over the top and sprinkle with thyme. Bake for a further 15 minutes, until pastry is golden and puffed. Serve with a simple rocket salad.